tc: 117, hdl: 31, ldl: 86 family history of heart problems - only in women. my grandma, mom, and sister do, i don't. do i need to worry about my hdl?

2 doctor answers
Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Specializes in Cardiology
Don't ever worry: except reality and do which are supposed to. In view of that strong risk, I would encourage you to keep as low percent body fat as possible, your A1C diabetes tests should be in the 4's at this age. there is more to life and heart disease so choose to dietary program the fits best with your biology3 animal proteins/week and the remainder unprocessed whole foods vegan
Answered on Mar 6, 2017
44 years experience Pathology
Monitor it: I wouldn't give it another thought. We're not going to medicate you. Stay physically fit and be thankful for a low total cholesterol. Common sense needs to prevail. Best wishes.
Answered on Mar 3, 2017