U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A male asked:

Heart scan score 922 in lad. hdl 50; ldl 96; total 170. crp .2 should i ask my family physician or a cardiologist? my family physician did not recommend that i have the scan. he said it was unnecessary with my cholesterol numbers. non-smoker and non-dri

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeffrey Shanes
Cardiology 47 years experience
If : If your calcium score is that high then you have coronary artery disease. I would first recommend a stress test then i would aim to keep your LDL below 70 and you should be on a baby asprin daily. See a cardiologist !
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
A Verified Doctoranswered
Addiction Medicine 51 years experience
Agree with your doc: Tests for coronary heart disease are based on results of people who have symptoms of chest pain or other indicators of underlying coronary disease. Nobody really knows how to interpret results in people without symptoms. Hospitals and other imaging centers are promoting this testing essentially to make money, and cannot advise those tested as what to do with results. A card. Can give 2nd opinion.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.