San Jose, CA

good news: 1 hour after most sizable balanced meals (some carbs, fat, protein) my blood sugar is ~100. bad news: bfg is usually ~110. why is that?

Dr. Ahimsa porter Sumchai md
Specializes in Sports Medicine
Carbs as energy: Let me begin by congratulating you! A postprandial blood sugar of 100 mg/dl range is something to brag about. Obviously you are doing something right and I suspect it has to do with the carb content of the food you are eating and your level of activity. Low glycemic carbs release glucose more slowly while research shows postprandial activity allows muscle cells to use excess glucose as fuel.

Last updated Oct 15, 2017