Pompano Beach, FL
A male asked:

I have traumatic dislocation of wrist i also suffer osteomyelitis. in a urgent orthopedic care told me to wait until monday to see if i get surgery. ?

Dr. Ahimsa porter Sumchai md
Specializes in Sports Medicine
Phase I Wrist Rehab: It would be helpful to know your age and mechanism of injury. Osteomyelitis is hard to diagnose in an UC. Do you mean osteoarthritis? Wrist dislocations often occur in sports medicine. Treatment is approached in 5 phases. Phase 1 centers on control of inflammation and edema using RICE. Closed reduction is attempted after neuromuscular exam and X-rays but may fail calling for surgical reduction.

Last updated Feb 8, 2017