U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Frostproof, FL
A 23-year-old female asked:

Hello! i have been dealing with chest pain that was dx as costochondritis for about 3 and a half weeks now. it's very uncomfortable and painful. are there any ways to get relief? i can also feel swollen areas around my right breast bone.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Claudette Anderson
Specializes in Gynecology
Costochondritis is : An inflammation you should try anti-inflammatory such as actoaminophen,,Ibuprfen or naproxen for a week or so or apply an anti-inflammatory gel to the affected area
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 23, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.