Durham, NH

I've had subluxing peroneals for two years which i never got fixed and now i'm getting pain there. could this be related?

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 44 years experience
Entirely Possible.: It sounds completely reasonable. Have your foot evaluated to be absolutely sure.
Dr. Brian Sabb
Sports Medicine 25 years experience
Hi, the peroneals sublux over the lateral malleolus (of the distal fibula) at the outside of your ankle. They sublux due to tendon instability and injury of the superior peroneal retinaculum. The longer it goes untreated the greater likelihood of tendon pathology and inflammation: tenosynovitis, tendinitis, and eventually tear. Since you are having pain, I recommend treatment with a foot surgeon.

Last updated Apr 8, 2021