A member asked:

Husband has mild cirrhosis, no ascites or portal hypertension. said for the last week has had black poop. wont go to the doctor. what should i do?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Ed Friedlander answered

Specializes in Pathology

There is nothing you can do to force another person to seek or accept health care. This may be trivial or may be very serious. If he becomes gravely ill, call an ambulance and in the absence of an advance directive refusing care, his life can probably be saved. But do not nag. Your relationship is much more important than being right, even about this. Best wishes.

Answered Nov 28, 2017



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor