Singapore
A male asked:

hepc, cirohsis, portal hypertension, hepatic enceyclp. end stage liver disease, ascietes n edema...how much time left as doc says no treatment?

Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
Cirrhosis: My policy is to never remove hope from the situation, no matter how dire things seem to be. There is effective treatment for hep c and there are mitigating therapies for end-stage liver disease, including transplantation (although do not know if there is an age limit for this). In any event, predicting death is not a doctor's purview, and advise you to make the most of whatever live gives you.
Dr. A. tarig Ahmed
Cirrhosis ; survival: The most common model that is used to estimate survival and severity is called meld score. That depends on your renal function, bilirubin (a liver function test) and also inr ( how thin is your liver). You can ask your provider to do this calculation for you.