United Kingdom

I have only just started on naproxen and omeprazole for forearm pain. i now have stomach pain for the last two days but stopped all tablets two days ago because of this. can either tablet cause this ? and when should it stop ?

Dr. Kathy Robinson
Naproxen: Naproxen can irritate the stomach and cause stomach pain. They probably gave you the omeprazole to protect your stomach from the naproxen, but it just did not work. I would keep taking the omeprazole for a few days to decrease stomach acid and try some tylenol (acetaminophen) for pain.

Last updated Aug 21, 2016