Singapore

can i chew gum with braces and if yes, what types?

Dr. Karen Butler
No: You are going to break the braces or get the gun stuck in them. Take care of your teeth. Braces are a big investment appreciate this and take care of those teeth
Dr. Stuart Hoffman
Orthodontics 30 years experience
Gum and Braces?: I would always defer to your treating orthodontists. However, I do not personally recommend my patients to chew gum. It gets stuck in the brackets and can cause the brackets to break. Sorry, but I know that is NOT the answer you wanted.
Dr. Anthony Sharber
Dentistry 38 years experience
No: Gum and braces just don't function well together and your treatment will progress better if you refrain from using it.