U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 16-year-old female asked:

I'm 16 ad have kyphosis caused by a compression fracture. is there any surgery to get rid of it? the hump is causing me a lot of emotional struggle

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Alexios Apazidis
Orthopedic Reconstructive Surgery 18 years experience
Kyphosis: Obvious question is how did you get this fracture? If this was traumatic and is a stable fracture then typically surgery is not indicated. If there is significant deformity and pain then a small surgical procedure or can possibly help you. It depends how old the fracture is. There are certainly options and you should seek a consultation with an orthopedic spine surgeon.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 14, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.