Ireland

I'm 16 ad have kyphosis caused by a compression fracture. is there any surgery to get rid of it? the hump is causing me a lot of emotional struggle

Dr. Alexios Apazidis
Orthopedic Reconstructive Surgery 18 years experience
Kyphosis: Obvious question is how did you get this fracture? If this was traumatic and is a stable fracture then typically surgery is not indicated. If there is significant deformity and pain then a small surgical procedure or can possibly help you. It depends how old the fracture is. There are certainly options and you should seek a consultation with an orthopedic spine surgeon.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 14, 2016