TX

I had a pimple of my face close to my mouth that i popped last week and is now an open sore. it doesn't hurt or itch but i can't get rid of it. what d?

Dr. Aruna Adaikkalam
Dangerous area face?: A pimple close to the mouth may be in the dangerous area of the face as the infection from this area has a potential to be carried onto brain through a vein called angular facial vein which opens into cavernous sinus inside the skull which are venous (blood ) containing spaces on either side of bone called sphenoid bone in base of skull. Many important nerves are in those sinuses .Consult MD
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 27, 2017