TX

I had a pimple of my face close to my mouth that i popped last week and is now an open sore. it doesn't hurt or itch but i can't get rid of it. what d?

Dr. Aruna Adaikkalam
Dangerous area face?: A pimple close to the mouth may be in the dangerous area of the face as the infection from this area has a potential to be carried onto brain through a vein called angular facial vein which opens into cavernous sinus inside the skull which are venous (blood ) containing spaces on either side of bone called sphenoid bone in base of skull. Many important nerves are in those sinuses .Consult MD

Last updated Nov 27, 2017