i keep getting these bumps on my lower eye lash what is it? every now and then i get this one bump on my lower eye lash and sometimes it itches, red and sore. it doesn't have a head like a zit it just pops up ever so often. what could it possible be?

Dr. Ron Pelton
Facial Plastic Surgery 37 years experience
Sounds : Sounds like it could be folliculitis. Wash this area carefully and you might benefit from a mild steroid like FML (fluorometholone) ointment when it pops up. Discuss this with your ophthalmologist.
Dr. William Goldstein
Ophthalmology 31 years experience
What : What you describe is the eyelid's equivalent of a zit! occasionally, a gland in the eyelid gets clogged, and irritated. Try adding some hot compresses to your end-of-day routine. If that does not work, you may need to start doing regular lid scrubs with either dilute baby shampoo, or commercially available eyelid cleaners such as ocusoft.
Dr. John Kim
Dr. John Kimanswered
Ophthalmology 22 years experience
The : The first line of treatment is a warm compress for one hour a day until the resolution is achieved. I also recommend cleaning the lid with a warm wash cloth twice a day.
Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dermatology 29 years experience
These could be cysts: like eccrine hydrocystomas, but see ophthalmologist or dermatologist for confirmation