i have a cast on my foot and its causing severe pain and moving back and forth. also the crutches are causing bruises on my armpits. tips?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
13 years experience Podiatry
See your doctor: If you feel like your cast is loose and/or there is more or increasing pain, you should check in with your doctor.
Answered on May 11, 2016
Dr. Scott Keith
43 years experience Podiatry
Recast..: Call the surgeon and explain the problem. It sounds like the cast is loose because the foot has shrunk. You also need to have the crutches sized to you and given some crutch training. The training is usually provided by the office staff or hard ware distributor.
Answered on May 12, 2016
1