I have had pain in my foot for about two days and i noticed that the pain is moving upward. the pain is now in the middle of my leg at the back of my knee it is swollen and very tender to touch and if i bend my knee, what can this be ?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Leg pain: Your symptoms in the calf could be muscular strain or phlebitis, but swelling and tenderness favor phlebitis. A ruptured Baker's cyst behind the knee can simulate phlebitis. An ultrasound would be important. See a physician for evaluation and appropriate testing as soon as possible even if you have to go to the hospital emergency room to get prompt attention.
Dr. Margharetha Du plessis
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Please see your doctor for a sonar and doppler
May 27, 2020

Last updated May 28, 2020