Orleans, IN

I am wanting to quit my pain medication. i'm on day one of withdrawals so far. how do i talk to my doctor about getting help . i feel horrible is the?

Dr. Sylvie Stacy
Preventive Medicine 10 years experience
Tell your doctor!: It’s great you’ve decided to quit using pain meds. But this is difficult to do by yourself for a few reasons: 1) you need a different plan for managing any pain that you have, 2) the withdrawals that you mention, 3) if your body is dependent on pain meds, you’ll likely have cravings and will be at risk for relapsing. There are ways your doctor can help you with these, so please let him know!

Last updated May 3, 2016