Sacramento, CA

how can i make vicodin withdrawal easier? i want to quit this drug so bad, but i always get a horrible case of the chills. i'm not going to ask my doc

Dr. Ravi Srivastava
Addiction Medicine 36 years experience
Addictionologist: The symptoms of Vicodin (opioid) withdrawal are pretty severe physically and emotionally. However, they are not life threatening. It is best to do it with a trained addictionologist. It has to be tapered down and certain non-addictive medications need to be used to minimize some of the withdrawal like diarrhea, craps, pain and a sleep disturbance. Good Luck! Most people quit drugs so can you!