San Antonio, TX

my orthodontist wanted to switch me from braces to invisalign. does he really need to remove the braces first before doing the itero scanning ?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Yes: Unusual to switch from braces to Aligners as braces better at finishing detail. Braces have to be removed before scan or will prevent imaging the part of the tooth under each brace. Entire tooth surface must be imaged to allow best aligner fabrication.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Yes: Your orthodontist needs an accurate representation of your teeth without the brackets in place.