Peyton, CO

Is it safe to eat 1500 calories during pregnancy since i'm overweight and my new diet is healthy (lean meats, veggies, fruits, whole-grains)?

Dr. Rahil Malik
Depends: It depends on your current weight and the level of obesity. You should talk to your Ob about it. As long as you take in the essential vitamins and have a good mix of diet choices, you should be fine. I applaud you in taking the initiative to maintain your weight during this critical time of your life. Best Wishes Dr M
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 28, 2017