U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 60-year-old female asked:

I have a 4x3mm sub plural nodule lower right lobe w/family history of lung and colon cancer. should i get further testing?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 44 years experience
What were you told?: These little nodules are extremely common especially in areas where histoplasmosis is endemic, like my home in Kansas. If you look hard enough, probably a majority of folks have them. Unless your radiologist recommends an attempt at a biopsy, I'd forget about it or as maximum monitor it by imaging. There's really no test except biospy; and it's too small to hit easily with a needle.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Nov 28, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.