United Kingdom

what is prognosis like for colon cancer pt with 1 liver met, 1 node and 0.5 lung nodule ? primary was resected last year . cea 10. bloodwork normal?

Dr. Tracy Berg
General Surgery 32 years experience
Prognosis: Prognosis is determined at time of diagnosis/treatment. Seems cancer is/was stage 4, which has a shorter prognosis than stage 1. If stage 4 is NEW, newly discovered liver metastasis, then prognosis will be negatively impacted compared to a year ago. Regardless of prognosis, talk with your docs. Take friend/family with you to appointments to help with understanding. Treatments exist. Be well.