Santa Rosa, CA

My recent ct shows a pedicle screw has come loose entering the disc space between l4 and l5. how urgent is it that i have this corrected?

Dr. John Rhoades
Below: It is impossible to give you an accurate answer without further information. Your question should be addressed to your DR who has all the information, and the xray results.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Kevin Yoo
Neurosurgery 30 years experience
Depends on you: If you do not have any symptoms from this, there is no need for surgery. However, it would be hard to determine whether you are hurting from this because of your 5 spine surgeries and you likely have chronic pain syndrome. I am more concerned that the screw loosening is from failure to fuse. Thus can cause pain. You then should have revision surgery sooner than later.
Last updated Jan 5, 2019