India

Dr, my daughter aged 6 1/2 years.. i checked her haemoglobin level. it gave 7.5.. is it below normal or too bad? is any further treatment for my daughter?

That's quite low: A hemoglobin of 7.5 is quite low. One's pediatrician can do an evaluation to figure out why. A parent can write down the things that the child eats and drinks, and also write down and "vitamins", "supplements", creams, lotions, medications, etc... Also, parents can check to see if there could be "lead exposure" in the child's environment. The doctor will ask whether any relatives have anemia.

Last updated Apr 24, 2016