Lebanon

my daughter that age 14 has a level of ferritin= 7. 29 ng/ml , serum iron = 16 , the hemoglobin is 13 , the mcv is 84.7 and she is taking iron daily.

Pathology 44 years experience
What are you asking?: Your daughter is borderline anemic and chemically iron deficient. I am going to assume the iron loss is due to heavy periods over the last several months. If she is a vegetarian by choice, this is time to reconsider. If there is any other evidence of health issues, they need to be addressed. If I have misunderstood, please write again. Best wishes.

Last updated Jul 19, 2014