U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Columbia, SC
A 19-year-old female asked:

I have a raised keloid scar thats itchy and irritated often, will mederma or silicon scar sheets flatten it to the skin? i just want it flattened

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Plastic Surgery 47 years experience
Keloids: depend upon the size and degree of the Keloid. Best to see a Derm or PS.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 15, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.