TN

hi,i developed keloid on my left hand when i was below 10 yrs and had a surgery to treat it..but it had adverse effects.the scar became big post surgery. it would not pain but will only give an itchy sensation and will give me an inferior thought about ha

Dr. Christopher Marek
Plastic Surgery 23 years experience
Keloid: Depending on the size excision of the area may be possible. There is still a chance of the keloid coming back but if you treat the area early with steroid and silicone or pressure garment this is reduced. Steroid injections can help shrink the area some but usually do help with any itching and burning.