MN

I hurt myself and now the inner side on the top of my left foot is swollen, bruised, and it has a bump. it's hard to walk. what should i do? thanks

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 46 years experience
Rice It.: Begin with the RICE protocol. Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. Do not put weight on it until tomorrow. The swelling should be reduced as well as the pain. If you still can't walk on it tomorrow, you will have to use crutches and see your doctor. X-rays may be needed. I doubt that it's fractured, but, one never knows.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 3, 2016