U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

My foot got crushed by another girl while playing soccer last night. its very swollen and bruised and hurts to walk on. now what?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Sharon Joag
Podiatry 21 years experience
Rule out a fracture : Be sure to get an X-ray done in order to rule out a fracture or a crush injury. Depending on the severity of your injury you may need to be placed in a soft cast, or be in a special shoe. You may even need to stay off your foot so it can heal. Get to your pcp or Podiatrist right away to get an X-ray taken of your injured foot.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 8, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.