A male asked:

i dropped a brick on my foot and it is swollen and alittle red there is a black and blue bump on it.i can walk on it but it hurts alittle.my dad said that i just bruised, but im not sure should i see a doctor?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience Podiatry
If you want : A definitive diagnosis, then see a podiatrist who will x- ray it and tell if there is any further damage, like a break. However, the pain you state is note so severe, and a bruise would occur from the trauma you describe. You can listen to dad and wait it out a few days and see what occurs. If it gets progressively better than you don't need the visit.
Answered on Sep 22, 2012