NJ
A male asked:

I dropped a brick on my foot and it is swollen and alittle red there is a black and blue bump on it.i can walk on it but it hurts alittle.my dad said that i just bruised, but im not sure should i see a doctor?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 29 years experience
If you want : A definitive diagnosis, then see a podiatrist who will x- ray it and tell if there is any further damage, like a break. However, the pain you state is note so severe, and a bruise would occur from the trauma you describe. You can listen to dad and wait it out a few days and see what occurs. If it gets progressively better than you don't need the visit.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 42 years experience
Yes: A brick following on the foot is a significant trauma. I would advise at least an x-ray.

Last updated Sep 23, 2018