How can i break my ankle by standing on it with my other foot?

6 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Edward Hellman answered

Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

Hard to say: You are right in saying that is not a common mechanism and does not seem like enough energy to cause such an injury. Sometimes the fracture can occur in abnormal bone such as in osteoporosis or a stress fracture, or the "fracture" is not a fracture after all. Don't hesitate to seek second opinion if you are concerned that the diagnosis is not correct.

Answered 1/4/2016

1.8k views

Dr. Mikel Daniels answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Ankle fracture: To break your ankle, you require a certain amount of force. If you apply enough force, you can break it.

Answered 6/6/2017

1.4k views

Dr. Karim Badawy answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Vit D levels: Hello, Many of us are deficient in Vitamin D which can affect our bone strength in the long term. This can cause stress fractures/full fractures from minor trauma. Prior to major surgeries of the foot and ankle i obtain Vitamin D levels on my patients to help me analyze bone strength and healing potential.

Answered 11/27/2017

667 views