Bozeman, MT

can i take 600mg of ibuprofen 3x/day for 1 wk. if i have gerd & eosinophilic esophagitis? i take 40mg prilosec & 100mg zoloft (sertraline) daily.

Dr. Elena Padrell
With caution: Make sure u take omeprazol on an ampty stomach ( wait at least 60min after eating ) , for its complete absortion. 40mg is a good protection for GERD and esophagitis, but still better reduce the ibuprofen to only 400mg q8 hours. To prevent any worsening of your stomach symptoms.
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Padrell is correct. IF you need more pain control you can add acetaminophen (but not within an hour of ibuprofen). It will not upset your stomach.
Jan 6, 2016