Le Mars, IA

i have white puss pockets on the left side of my gums towards the back lower tooth what does that mean ?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
Infection of the gum: The condition is typically caused by excess bacteria in the mouth. Gingivitis is a serious problem, which should be checked by a dentist. Do not delay and call your dentist for exam and treatment.
Dr. John Thaler
Prosthodontics 41 years experience
Perio disease: Periodontal disease. If you have pus, then there is a significant infection well beyond gingivitis. See the Dentist ASAP - you may be referred to a specialist - Periodontist - for treatment. Good Luck . Make the appointment.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Cogratulations: You now get to see your Dentist to determine if you have infected teeth, gums, or both. You will probably require antibiotic coverage and definitely require definitive dental treatment. Don't delay. The infection(s) will only worsen and spread requiring even more difficult (expensive) treatment. See your Dentist NOW.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Infection: You've got an infection... could be periodontal, could be endodontic in nature. You'll need to visit a local dentist to determine the exact cause and the proper treatment.