Canada

I wore high heels to a dance about 6 days ago, one toe is still feeling a bit numb. it feels fine in shoes but numb without. should i be worried?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 31 years experience
No: No, I would not be worried. In all likelihood, your forefoot is probably wider than the shoes you wore that night. That can cause compression of the nerves between the toes resulting in the numbness you are describing. If it progresses, it is commonly known as a Morton' s neuroma. There are other potential causes as well. If it bothers you don't hesitate to be seen.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.