please tell me what to expect from surgery to remove a throat cyst. my consultant said a metal tube is used which may break teeth. worried?

Dr. Franklyn Gergits
28 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Laryngoscope: Greetings. Your ENT was describing the surgical procedure where we slowly advance a rigid scope into your mouth past your tongue to your voice box area. I performed this surgery Tuesday and no problems occurred. I use dental guards. Make sure your surgeon has performed this procedure many time without complications. Board certification is also important. Finall ask OR nurses or Anesthesia for help
Answered on Oct 16, 2015
1