my sister age16 is having her 11th surgery to remove a cyst in her throat non cancerous keeps coming back.

Dr. Donald Collins
Dr. Donald Collinsanswered
Vocal nodules?: Sometimes people develop small nodules on their vocal cords that need to be removed. Also, there can be other types of cysts and lesions in the throat. Sometimes resting the voice, ie avoiding shouting and screaming, can help prevent these. Good luck!
Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 60 years experience
Diagnosis: Vocal fold nodules are not cysts. Vocal fold nodules should not be operated on because they will lead to scarring and dysfunction of vocal fold motility. If your sister is 16, you should be able to tell us the location of the cyst and the pathology report. I cannot make the assumption that the larynx is being operated upon but if someone has operated on the larynx 11 times, unacceptable.