not removing my wisdom teeth now i have a cyst and now going through my 3rd surgery? should i remove that wisdom tooth?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Charles Kattuah
22 years experience Dentistry
I would: If i understand your question correctly you are asking whether or not to remove a wisdom tooth that is associated with a cyst. If that is the case then i would definitely remove the tooth and the cyst around it. These cysts can grow and destroy the jaw bone around them over time. I don't know exactly why you had to have two other surgeries to remove your wisdom teeth. It is easier in one.
Answered on May 6, 2014
1
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
39 years experience Dentistry
Most likely: If you have a cysts associated with that tooth then the tooth will be removed when the cyst is treated. You do not need the wisdom teeth.
Answered on Dec 8, 2012