United Kingdom

I had surgery to remove a dental cyst now when i bend forward i get shooting pains through right side of my face, runny nose metal taste in my mouth?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
How long ago ?: Your post did not say. Sometimes these wounds take time to heal. Your best bet is to call the surgeon who performed the procedure for a follow up appointment.
Dr. Theodore Gross
Dentistry 40 years experience
opening to sinus: If the cyst was in the vicinity of the sinus the removal may have created an opening from the mouth to the sinus. These often heal and close on their own. Antibiotics would be prescribed along with precautions regarding creating pressure between the mouth and sinus such as drinking through a straw. If it doesn't close on its own surgery would be required. Follow-up with your dentist.

Last updated May 9, 2014