TX

I have a tender red bump on my scalp with a small yellow scab-like thing in middle. is this normal? not recall hitting head. clear skin check in jan

Dr. Susan Rhoads
Infected cyst?: Infected cyst or hair follicle iikely. If large see a doc. If very small try a spot of bacitracin after cleaning it with mild soap and water. Hot compresses for 30 minutes can help. If it is larger than a pea in size, get seen. Don't pop it, you can cause the infection to spread. If it hurts more, or you have fever, or it rapidly increases in size, go to ER.

Last updated Apr 4, 2018