Canada

mild degen changes throughout lumbar spine with prominent disc space narrowing at l2/3, no sig central stenosis or direct nerve root contact. pls help?

Dr. Edwin Schuller
MRI: You may well need an MRI to evaluate that prominently narrowed disc at l2-3 if it's symptomatic. At a baseline you need a thorough evaluation to check levels of pain, organic or nonorganic disease or other factors impinging on this problem. Best of luck, .
Dr. Douglas Linville II
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 30 years experience
Prevent DDD: Don't smoke! that is about all that is in your control. The rest is genetic predisposition, and potentially overuse (heavy labor, vibration/heavy equipment, etc.). Remember, ddd is like wrinkles of the skin. It happens! doesn't imply pain. Nothing sold over the counter has been conclusively shown to be preventative. Keep the core muscles in good shape, use good posture and ergonomics at work.