U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 17-year-old female asked:

What to do as self remedy for locked knee?? don't want to go to hospital. history of meniscus tears and had 2 arthoscopies already. ongoing problems

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Steve Mora
Orthopedic Surgery 27 years experience
Locked: You should see an orthopedic doctor right away if your knee is truly locked. If it's just periodically catching you can try physical therapy. Both locking and catching are not good.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 20, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.