U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Kendall Park, NJ
A 31-year-old female asked:

I've pcos and am overweight. my periods are somewhat irregular. trying to conceive for a month. do i need to consult an obgyn from now?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Patrick Mckenna
A Verified Doctoranswered
Preventive Medicine 16 years experience
You could: Typically we don't consider failure to conceive until at least 12 months of trying, so there is probably not a lot that your OB would be able to do at this point. Keep trying for at least another 6 months or so before you consider reaching out to your OB.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 20, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.