fnab report of mass mrm breast is matured fatty cells and stroma my oncologist suggest me to be remove immediately but my surgeon wants to observe.

Dr. Myron Arlen
63 years experience Surgical Oncology
Question as to mass: The time that a FNA is performed on a breast lesion is when a mammo depicts a suspicious mass. A FNA is notorious for bx tissue adjacent to or past the lesion and as such finding fatty cells an stroma suggest lesion missed. If lesion were present and benign the path report should indicate some abnormality even if benign. One can wait 3 months and repeat mammo or get an MRI of ? lesion
Answered on Aug 15, 2015
1