Charlottesville, VA

Hello, i had tooth #2 pulled on monday and the dentist broke a root and left it in my socket and now my jaw bone above socket had cracked and now sharply exceeded out of my gum. and also is cutting into my cheek. very painful to eat, sleep, and even ta

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Need help: Your Dentist should have referred you to an Oral Surgeon if the Dentist was unable to successfully complete the extraction. Ask him to do so now.
Dr. Kirk Yen
Dr. Kirk Yen commented
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 39 years experience
It is sometimes difficult to predict the outcome of an extraction. The best advise is to know when to stop the procedure when it is beyond the expertise of the general dentist. He should then refer the case to an Oral Surgeon.
Sep 14, 2015
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Oral Surgeon: If the complications of the extraction exceed the expertise of your general dentist, you should be referred to an oral surgeon.
Dr. Keith Hollander
Dentistry 37 years experience
See an Oral surgeon: sounds like it was a difficult extraction. the bone may be working its way out of the gums. (This is good), if the gums have pull back exposing the bone this is not so good. Best to see an oral surgeon to evaluate and treat the issues.

Last updated Nov 14, 2016