Durham, NH

Excision of the nonunion of navicular fracture and curettage of the cysts in the area. is this surgery recovery going to be lengthy?

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 45 years experience
Time is on your side: Recovery will be as long as it takes. Depending on the procedure and your ability to recover, it could be from 6 weeks to 12 weeks. There will be progressive activity allowed throughout the recovery time.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Darrell Latva
Podiatry 43 years experience
6-12 WEEKS: A surgery like this frequently requires some sort of bone grafting, for the nonunion and cyst excision. I would use a below knee cast off weight bearing; I will give you a broad range of 6-12 weeks of this course before WB is allowed. It's dictated by how your foot feels and post-op x-ray healing. Good luck. Dr. Latva
Last updated Jun 2, 2016