Westerlo, NY

my 3 year old daughter started amoxicillin at 8:30pm sunday night for strep throat. it is now 11am tuesday and she still has a fever. is this normal?

It happens: We know the strep germ is universally sensitive (killed) by amoxicillin,so it is a good drug. You also play catch up to the well established illness, and it can take time to get rid of fever or other symptoms. There is also the possibility that the kid has a co-infection with a virus that adds to the problem and is not influenced by the drug. Give it a little more time.