U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 19-year-old male asked:

What should i do to gain weight? my height 174 cm, weight 60 presently kg.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Laura Anissian
Internal Medicine 22 years experience
Balance: It is a balance between energy intake and output. If you are very active and burning more calories than you are taking in, then you will need to eat more calories and make sure to choose good quality energy, not "empty calories" like sugary, highly refined foods.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jul 19, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.