U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 17-year-old female asked:

I am 18 years old my height is 170 cm and my weight is 48 kg so i need to gain weight by a healthy way?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Julan Crane
Pediatrics 26 years experience
Gain weight: You should eat a wide variety of healthy foods. If you have no food allergies to dairy , butter or peanut butter then those are good sources for calories. You probably are still growing so most of your calories are put into that. You will start to gain wait once you eat more calories then you burn .
Dr. Tanya Russo
Pediatrics 26 years experience
Calories & prote: The addition of calorie dense foods such as nuts, whole grain pastas, raisins, whole milk, pure fruit juices, butter, avocado, and complex carbohydrates is a healthy way to add more calories to your diet. Lean proteins are also important. Good luck

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jan 29, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.