U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old member asked:

My son's height is 152 cm and weight 37 kg and age 16 yrs. what are some ways for him to grow taller and gain more weight?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Hiro Kiguchi
Pediatrics 11 years experience
See Nutritionist: His pediatrician should recommend a good nutritionist for him. A BMI of less than 18 is considered underweight. A nutritionist can assess his needs, evaluate his current diet, and suggest what he can do to add additional calories and nutrients to his diet. His height is primarily decided by his genes, so his height will depend on the parents' height.

Related questions

A 28-year-old male asked:
My height is 175 CM and I weigh 65 kg. Is it ok or should I gain some weight.
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 19-year-old male asked:
What should I do to gain weight? My height 174 cm, weight 60 presently kg.
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 19-year-old male asked:
How can I gain my weight? Im very slim...My weight is 55 kg n my height is 180 cm
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Apr 19, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.