U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 23-year-old male asked:

I need help finding meds to stop severe stress-ibs-d. any suggestions? this is taking over my life... i can not go outside at all at the moment thanks

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Atul Singh
Nephrology and Dialysis 29 years experience
Self medication : My best suggestion is avoid self medication and see a GI. There are interventions that can be done rather than self medicate be it any preparation. Seeking consulling. medications, change In diet and other interventions would help. Self medication for a chronic condition is a slippery slope.If a controlled substance is needed suggest get an MD to help out. lastly there can be a true pathology.
Last updated Jul 5, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.