NY

Can i still wear my retainer after getting a deep cleaning for teeth with anesthesia and using a oralrinse 2x a day. it is chlorhexidine gluconate .12?

Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 37 years experience
Yes: continue to wear your retainers and follow the recommendations of your dentist. The oral rinse will help your gums heal and reduce the bacteria in your mouth.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Absolutely: Just remember to properly clean your retainer. Brush retainer (no toothpaste) 2x/day and use denture cleaning tablets 1x/day.
Dr. Jayang Vora
Dentistry 49 years experience
Ask your orthodontis: need for deep leaning under local anesthesia indicates pockets around your teeth. May be you should wear retainers after 3-4 weeks after healing occurs. Good luck.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 37 years experience
Of course: Retainers are the key to preventing tooth movement. After your teeth are thoroughly cleaned always use your retainers and chlorhexidine gluconate oral rinse can be used to disinfect retainers.
Dr. Robert Stachler
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 32 years experience
Chlorahexidine can stain the teeth if there is plaque on them. The teeth should be cleaned well if you are rinsing the mouth with it. I would use a nonalcoholic oral rinse to wash the mouth out. You can continue to use the chlorohexidjne on the retainers. Good luck and feel better.
Jun 13, 2015
Dr. Robert Goldenberg
Dentistry 53 years experience
Wearing your retaine: Wearing your retainer is a must to avoid relapse and re crowding. Chlorhexiidine 2x a day probably will lead to staining., I suggest an oral irrigator(Water Pic). Place a capful in the water reservoir to help reduce the staining. Effect should be the same.

Last updated Oct 19, 2017